So, it's official. I'm now an Alaska resident. That actually makes me a little sad. I had to turn over my Ga. license. You can't get the Georgia out of this girl, though. Actually, we ran a quick bit the other day on harvest season for peaches in Georgia. I had a good time with that - putting on a fake Southern accent. Still, 98 percent of folks say they can't detect an accent on me. Then, there are a few, who AFTER I tell them I'm from Georgia say, 'Oh yeah, I could tell.' For good or bad, I pride myself on not having an accent. BUT when I'm back home I'll let it slide.
This weekend I'll be putting an appearance in town. Get ready to laugh at this one. I'll be one of the "celebrity" shooters at an event for the Department of Fish and Game. They're having a bbq and some shooting events. I'll be shooting a .22 semi automatic pistol. I will plan to put some pics up after the wknd. We've had showers for the last several days. That will turn everything rich and green! The sun is really starting to mess with me. I slept in this morning because I've been staying up til one or two on a regular basis. Last night I had a good laugh when I put my sunglasses on at ten at night. The sun was right in my eyes - like you get at five oclock rush hour traffic sometimes - just at the horizon. So, the sun seems to set about midnight now. It looks like dusk from midnight to two and then it's dawn from two to four, I guess ; )
I know I write a lot about the sun but it's such a trippy thing. What else? My friends, Christine and Angela are coming in TWO weeks. I'm so pumped. The funny thing is that we all met while living in DC. Then, Angela moved to NYC. Christine moved to Memphis. Angela later moved to Baltimore. I moved to Atlanta and then Alaska. Now, Angela is moving to Atlanta. We're all meeting up in Anchorage. How crazy is that? It's a necessary skill of life these days to learn to manage long distance friendships because so many of us young folks are hopping around the globe. I'm missing home- which is to say I miss DC and Atlanta- but I'm still glad I came. more soon.
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cara...Just checking in on your blog; LOVE all of the pictures. Post some more of yourself! Alaska looks beautiful. Jeff and I would love to come visit sometime. I just had to comment on your accent; YOU HAVE NO ACCENT! I don't think you've ever had one. Maybe that is why your are suited to be a newscaster (is that the correct term?). I'm so glad that you are enjoying your job and locale. We'll be moving to NYC in about a month. I'll be studying in France for a month beginning in June. Worried about leaving the kiddos with Jeff for a month as they'll probably only eat PB&Js and mac n' cheese! We just returned from vacation in Italy and had a great time. Other than that, everything is status quo. Jeff graduated with his masters in Nuclear Physics in March and I'm due to finish up in about a year. Got in to Columbia, but can't afford it HA! Even though I'm not good about emailing, I think of you often. So glad to keep in touch with you. Must know, are you still single...may have the perfect person for you. Y'all are so much alike I can't begin!
Lots of Love
Chris
Post a Comment