Friday, May 27, 2005

Midnight Sun

In just a few weeks we will be having the Midnight Sun Run. Hopefully, I can stay well long enough to run it. Someone gave me a good whack during our softball game Tues. Decided to come down right on the knee - yes, the bad one. Ouch. Some swelling but doc says I'll be ok.
I had an in-the-park homerun, though, so I was pretty pleased with the game. Coach Buck's batting instruction is still paying off! We won 12-11. There's been some "real" news around here this week. Several fires we ran out to. The other day I went out to a bank robbery...across the street from the POLICE department! Pretty gutsy, huh? I guess that's the last place you'd suspect. Many of my new friends are away right now. This weekend I'll be catching up on all the boring stuff while they're gone - bills, laundry, errands, etc. You can see in the pictures the beautiful sunset I captured. The pictures were taken between 12:15 a.m. and about 1:00 a.m. Roger and Emilee had been over watching a movie last Friday night. When I walked them out, I saw the sky and ran in to get my camera. We took a few in the parking lot and then Roger went with me to chase the sunset up in the hills. I wanted to get above the city lights to capture it. (I'm LOVING my camera). My favorite pictures I took lying down on the edge of Creamer's Field, though. It's a bird migratory sanctuary in town. Nice open spot. I placed fourth in last week's shooting contest. I think I should have done better. We had to shoot balloons and I'm sure I hit one of them several times but it wouldn't pop. Would you ever believe a bullet-proof balloon? I'm telling you. It CAN happen. I'll be heading to Anchorage Friday to meet Christine (Memphis) and Angela (now an ATL resident!). We're going to take the train up to F'banks Saturday and they'll spend most of the week here. I'm so excited. Just a few more weeks and my mom, Laura, will be here. Heather and Martin Etner from D.C. are coming in August. Better get your reservations in now, folks! The summer is booking up at Camp Cara's Miss Adventures ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa... a robbery across from the Police Department... thats kinda funny... i hope he didnt get away cause that really says something about the Fairbanks PD... well its nice to see you ill cya later