I've been in the bed for the last four days straight, practically. All that gallivanting under the midnight sun caught up with me. After all that rest and some homemade soup (thanks, Audrey) I'm back at work. My inbox was inundated with sympathy emails from concerned viewers- wishing for a speedy recovery. Actually, not a one. I came under the weather after we did a live broadcast from the Midnight Sun 10K race site Sat. night. Sadly, it was raining and a bit chilly. The Early Show (CBS) was here doing weather on the solstice which was Tuesday -that was the day we also had the Midnight Sun Festival downtown and the 100th annual Midnight Sun Baseball game. I heard they were both great. I didn't go myself. I stayed home thinking I'd had enough experience with the sun that never sets... for a while, at least. You can see the piece that ran on the Today Show about the week's events at http://video.msn.com/video -
type Fairbanks into the video search and it will bring up the story "Alaska's Long Summer Nights." Tomorrow, we're planning to run a story on the railroad that I shot when Christine and Angela were visiting. (This one obviously had some shelf life). You can look for that at our site in a day or two. Cheers.
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment