Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Fair in Fairbanks

In what has been the highlight of an otherwise slow news week, I talked with Joe Nichols last night and watched his two shows. It was a good time! I went over to the beer tent afterward (where he was heading) and ran into my friend, Claire. That was a good time, too. What else is in the news? A woman trying to get into the courthouse with a gun and a leatherman...and the sentencing of the brilliant folks who tried to spring their friend out of jail by ramming the prison wall with a front loader. Sheesh. Like clockwork, I'm wanting to visit home right now. It usually hits me every three months or so- which is about how often I'm accustomed to visiting. I know I'll be home in January for one of my best friend's wedding (Kathy Gordon). Looking forward to that along with the chance to see other friends and family. If you've been aching to come up to Alaska, I've got room, board and transporation for you! ; )

No comments: