Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me.

Boy, do I feel loved. I had a fantastic weekend. I was feeling pretty crummy Friday at work. I've been wanting to visit home and the feeling was intensified with my birthday coming up. Fortunately, the weekend went great. My close friend, Michelle, effectively pulled one over on me. Her husband just deployed and she asked me to go out with her Friday. I'm thinking she just wants to get out. She had arranged for several friends to surprise me. The night before, Laura and Sarah went out with me to the Pump House restaurant for another birthday dinner. Sat. Michelle and I got up early to go four-wheeling. We were out most of the day and got REALLY dirty cutting up the trails, jumping and running through some water. I LOVED it. Pretty much anything with a motor is a thrill to me- motorcycle, boat, go-kart...We cleaned up and went out for Mexican- my favorite. Finally, I went out with other friends to go dancing at the Howling Dog saloon in Fox, Alaska (about 20 minutes away). I had a blast. Lots of cards came in the mail - and to my inbox- I also had a beautiful arrangement of flowers on my doorstep when I came home Sat. (thanks, Kathy) and another package this morning. I also had about five different renditions of "Happy Birthday" in my voice mail plus lots of messages (we were on our four-wheeling trip from 9 am to 6 pm local) Thanks for reaching out to send love! Well received.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday