Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On to Nowhere

I woke up Saturday morning unsure of how to spend the day. I'd been up most of the night- unable to sleep. Since I couldn't sleep, I went to the office and caught up on class work. As for how to spend my day...I didn't want to lay around the house. Didn't really feel like hanging out with anyone. Time to think...that was the need. And so I got in my truck, filled up the tank and headed to the middle of nowhere- Circle City, Alaska - 173 miles from Fairbanks. It's one of the places I've wanted to go in Alaska but haven't been to yet. This was a trip you take for the journey- not the destination. Well, it better be because once you get to Circle, there's nothing there. The road just runs out at the water's edge. I had a great time driving in the snow- looking at God's awesome handiwork- tall mountains, snaking rivers, black birch, and the most desolate areas I've ever seen. THIS is a road trip for the books...or Blog.

No comments: