Friday, January 20, 2006
Big City Commute
So, after three months back in the DC area, I've moved into my (semi)permanent place here. I found a room for rent in a rowhouse on Capitol Hill. Three other 20-something women live there. One's a student, one works for a non-profit, the other is an intern. I'll put up some pictures of the house and the neighborhood next week (I have to get everything out of the boxes first). Anyway, the location is fabulous. I can walk a block to be on Pennsylvania Avenue. Those of you out of elementary school may recall that the White House is located at 1600 Penn. I'm three blocks from the SE corner of the Capitol. I LOVE living on the Hill. (I was staying on the Hill the last three months in a temporary situation). It's so fabulous to walk out the door and see all the beautiful architecture of the homes, the monuments and historical buildings. With my new digs, my commute has been reduced from 30 mins to 15 mins...I can get to work by foot or Metro in the same amount of time. I've also enrolled in an acting conservatory. I'm super psyched about this. www.theconservatory.org The best part of this is that the school is VA-approved. My Navy career keeps paying dividends. The conservatory program is just over a year. So, there's a good chance you won't have to update my address again for a while. Remember, though, that plans are subject to change without notice ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Fun! I want to live there!! Talk about being in the middle of it all! And how great that you are STILL reaping benefits from your years in the Navy. Are the classes just for fun or do you think you'll pursue something with it later on?
Post a Comment