Ohmigosh. I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I posted. Shame on me. I'll have to say I've been SO busy trying to catch the sun's rays since they started showing up more often and with greater intensity. Well, truth is I've only been in the sun one weekend. It was a great weekend but I can't use the sun as an excuse. I HAVE been looking for a new job. As you may know, that is a full time job in itself. Anteon's buyout was finalized today. So, the company will be divested by the end of the month. That will also be the period when I'm no longer employed with Anteon, General Dynamics or the company that is buying out a divestment of Anteon. I've been helping out a friend on a documentary. That's been cool. He'll be shooting some this Sat. I'll be along to help as appropriate. The subject is a local glass blower. I'm hoping to get some more free lance work over the summer. There is quite a bit of tv and film production in the area. The conservatory classes continue. We've just finished the fourth week of this semester. (Semesters are 15 weeks here). My ensemble is working on "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." Have I said yet that acting is much harder work than I would have ever anticipated. Well, stage work, anyway. I think tv and film require different things than stage. TV and film actors do much more of the work with their face. Stage actors have to use their body much more to fill the huge space they're in whereas the camera can direct the viewer's eye and focus in on certain areas. So, there's your acting tidbit for the day. I'm headed to the lake in a couple of week's to cheer on Jen, her dad and brother as they compete in their second annual triathlon together. It should be a good time! The next thing after that to look forward to is Jessica and Nancy visiting the first week of July. Jess will turn 30 in July (me in August). So, we'll be celebrating while she is here. I've arranged to have fireworks over the Washington Monument for her. Cool, huh? Most of you can even watch on tv! ; )
Ok...as for pictures...I can upload some old photos from Christmas I never posted thanks to Kevin. I'll be working on some current ones in the next few weeks. I want to show you what the conservatory looks like in particular. Cheers.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment