Since my last post two months ago, John and I have been working hard to get our business off the ground. There is a lot of advance work to do and I'm learning as we go. We now have our business license, our trade name registered and a logo to get our signage and stationery off to the printing press.
I've also recently started substitute teaching at a local, private school- Wesleyan. (www.wesleyanschool.org) I am really enjoying it. I have had several friends and mentors encourage me over the years to pursue teaching. I thought sub-ing would be a good way to try it out before pursuing further training or certifications. I'd hate to do that and then find out that it really doesn't suit me. So far, so good, though. Out of fifth, seventh and 11th graders, I had the best time with the fifth graders (which surprised me, actually).
We are also working to get the nursery ready. We expect to have another 10 weeks or so (late April) to accomplish that.
