Last week I went for a run in my neighborhood. I've run in the snow before (in D.C.)
but this was a different kind of cold. I could feel my nasal passages icing over (lovely, I know).
I made it about half an hour. It took most of the day for my legs to thaw out.
That night I re-traced the route by Jeep. I didn't get through the route - so I still have no idea
how far I went. There was a moose right in the road. He meandered through a few yards, picked some leaves off a tree and kept on. I watched him/her for a while. Then, forgot about tracing the route.
Another 'new' experience - I ran a 5K Sat. in the snow. The course was marked out on the cross-country ski trails. They used spray paint to put arrows in the snow. It was marvelous to get a few miles from the road where you couldn't see anything but trees and snow and animals. WOW. I got a shot from the road I'll post later. Unfortunately, all you can see is a big snow field. Your imagination will have to fill in the rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice to see that you are having fun up in Alaska, not your typical ATL or DC jog I see, just don't get caught and freeze... T
Post a Comment