Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Santa's Neighbors

This weekend I'll be heading to North Pole. No, not the North Pole.
Three miles south of here is North Pole, Alaska. There's a festival Sat and Sun. I'll get to
see Santa's house and I think the reindeer are there, too. There will also be dog sled
rides, art, music and more. Look for those pictures next week.

I had my first broadcast here last night. All went well. I've been here two weeks now.
Just over a week at work. I was shocked to figure out when you add up weather, sports and commercials you only have about ten minutes of news. We have two broadcasts a day -
6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. plus updates during the Today Show.

I saw an events calendar for the area yesterday and there's a different festival in the area
every weekend this month. Next week will be the Native Arts festival and then
the Ice Art Championships after that. Check it out at www.icealaska.com

The local health club has indoor tennis. This is good news. Gotta keep active to stay sane!
BUT the daylight is increasing by six minutes or more a day. We still had some light
at 7 pm tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara, I really enjoy reading your blogs! So glad that you are safe and sound and doing something you enjoy. I remember hearing you say that you would be a broadcast journalist when we were in college. Alaska looks/sounds/seems amazing. Let us know when you are up for company! Chris and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Cara,
Bailey has requested that you do her a favor if you see Santa this weekend. Would you please let him know that her Daddy stepped on her tiara and broke it so she would like a new tiara and a guitar for Christmas. She also asked that you tell Santa she loves him and she said she loves you too! And please feed the reindeer some carrots if they look hungry.
Thanks!
Love you!