Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Northern Lights

SHAME on me for not carrying my camera night before last. The Northern Lights were unbelievable. Really hard to describe but the green looked like a haze that was moving around. One minute you're looking at it and then it just vanishes and shows up 100 yards away in the sky. I will be carrying my camera all the time again. I drove up to the University to get a good view. The school sits above the city. That makes for a good viewing spot because you don't have to deal with the street and business lights. There were several folks up there in their cars with the lights off just looking. I also need to put a travel chair in my Jeep so I can sit out and watch- though it was a bit chilly at midnight! What else? The pistol class is this week - not last. I showed up to find out I was a week early. HA Softball season is getting underway soon and I am glad for that. I am eager to get out and running around! The pics below are self explanatory. It's really odd to come out at ten oclock at night and still see day light. I'm enjoying it, though.

No comments: