Friday, June 03, 2005

Breaking News

So, this morning I'm asleep in my bed. The sun has been shining for ....well, I don't think it ever went down really. I know this because I was up until midnight and it was bright as day. I had called Angela to make sure she was up to catch her flight at midnight. I tell you that to set up the rest of the story. Usually, I plug in the phone and turn it off at night. But I had it near the bed and turned on still. Wouldn't you know, it rings at the ungodly hour of 7 a.m. This is when I should be deep in my third cycle of REM sleep. I see that it's the station calling. I look at the clock. Oh no, I must have messed up the clock and I'm late! No, it was seven and Chelsey was calling to tell me that there was a huge fire on Second Ave. (one street over from mine). No one else is at the station that early so it was my job to get over there and shoot it (Fires are on my beat). I actually took some video with MY camera. I figured by the time I got to the station and back there would be nothing left to shoot. So, I got some shots on my camera with the video function. It made for a very exciting morning. No one was injured. The fire was in an abandoned old dairy. I ran back to the station and edited it in the hopes of airing it on our updates during the Today show breaks. Anyway, I'm about to head to the airport. Hope the wknd is great for you all!

No comments: