My dear friends, Louis and JaneAnne Tucker, welcomed their third son into the world Friday, December 2nd. Babies remind me of all the hope and promise the world offers. Of course, they make you think of the dangers and disappointments, as well- the things you would want to shield them from. I love being part of the Tucker family. The older two boys, Louis (5) and Nelson (3), have a firm grip on my affections. Spending time with them is a nice diversion from the routine and responsibility of my weekly life. Saturday, the boys and I made crafts welcoming baby George to their home. Louis wrote, "Baby George, welcome to our house and to the hospital. We have a good time here." Sunday I made a day trip to Baltimore with a few folks. Many of the museums were having 'dollar days.' My dollar was well spent at the Visionary Art Museum. I can only show you the exteriors- but trust me- the interior was nice as well. Provocative art work! (the exhibits focused on discrimination-gender, race, age, etc.)
I'm settling into my job. I'm about to hit the month mark. I realize I've done a poor job explaining my job to many friends/family. So, I will make an attempt here. I work for Anteon, which is a public company. (www.anteon.com) Mostly, the company deals with engineering and technology. I work for a VERY small niche of the company in public affairs. This is not public relations for the company (though there is a division for that). Rather, Anteon provides public affairs support to government organizations that hire them on a contract basis. As for my responsibilities, I am providing public affairs support to a research and development arm of Naval Sea Systems Command here in DC. NAVSEA is responsible for ship design and building (though the building is also done by contractors like Northrop Grumman and Bath Iron Works). As a public affairs rep, I coordinate interviews, send out press releases, provide communications materials (brochures, etc) for expos and exhibits, and provide content for NAVSEA's website. One of the new projects will be the production of several video spots (commercials) for distribution on the Pentagon Channel, etc. As you may deduce, my prior experience in this area was the selling point for me to get the job. So, while Anteon signs my paycheck, my 'tasking' is really driven by what is happening with NAVSEA. Hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask questions if you're interested in further detail. More soon (there will be tales of Christmas parties and such to post!)
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment